Afro dance is a dance style based on African traditional dances and is danced to modern African pop music.
It’s energetic, powerful, uplifting and free. The dancer can be completely herself and show it within this dance style. It is especially popular among young people and you often see it on the street and / or in the discotheques in Africa. The movements are characterized by loose hips and torso and the feet moving in the rhythm of the music.
The Afro dance class is open for everybody
Wednesdays 18:30 – 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 September & 7 October ’20
Studio Belcampo, de Hallen, Amsterdam
Fee: 6 classes € 65,- / Single class € 15,-
Classes can also be followed ONLINE
Reviews of students
- ‘Fun, energetic lesson!’ – Karien
- ‘Teacher was very nice and created a fun choreography for us. I would definitely try it again. So much fun!’ – Agnetha
- ‘I want to thank you again for the great lesson. It was a big step to start dancing again after 4 years. You are a really good teacher, with so much enthusiasm, patience and a clear passion for African dance and music. And that allows you to create a very nice and safe atmosphere in your class, in which everyone can clearly feel at home. I find that really admirable, because even if you still have an education, you cannot learn that at any education. It is in you or not. You have it and I have not often seen that with teachers’ – Christina
- Super lesson, highly recommended to shake everything loose’ – Nicolaas
- ‘Simone is a very enthusiastic teacher. Very nice lesson if you like dancing and want to try something different’ – Anne-Sofie
- In addition to being an incredible teacher you provide unique choreographies that liberate both the spirit and the body. After every dance class I feel connected with my body and that has Impacted my life in a positive way. Thank you for sharing your passion & tireless effort to make every dance class a fun and redefining moment – Pascale