The African Contemporary dance class is a combination of African traditional dance and Contemporary dance. The base is African traditional dance where feet move in the rhythm with the music. There is always contact with the earth, her energy and her surroundings. African Contemporary dance is characterized by an undulating and smooth movement with the spine.
In my class fun always comes first. A relaxt atmosphere prevails with the focus on working together, making contact and get the best out of the students.
The African Contemporary dance class is:
- A powerful and energetic training for the body
- Working on the basic attitude of the body
- Working on coordination, strength, grounding and flexibility
- Power training
- Building a strong center and back
- Moving on different styles of music
- And having fun in dancing!
The African Contemporary dance class is open for everybody
3, 10, 17, 24 November / 1, 8 & 15 December ’21
Where? Studio Belcampo, de Hallen, Amsterdam
Fee: 7 classes € 85,- / Single class € 15,-
Classes can also be followed ONLINE
Reviews of students
- ‘I really enjoy your African Contemporary dance class! I like the combination of power exercices, dance and stretch. It’s really complete and I feel good after that. I like the fact that you explain each part of the choregraphy, it really helps grasping the whole and the details. The way you communicate is really positive and full of passion. We feel it and your smile make us smile’ – Camille
- ‘Simone is a wonderful teacher. The first few times I attended her class I was a bit shy, but she quickly made me feel at ease with her happy and encouraging teaching style. “Make your own dance”, she often says. I have been coming back ever since and always feel reenergized and happy. Her choreographies are fun both for beginners and intermediate dancers. I always learn something new. Her classes have a relaxed and positive vibe. I would definitely recommend her class!’ – Lisette
- ‘Nice class, focussed on technique. The teacher is super nice!’ – Marielena
- ‘Simone’s energy and enthusiasm make her classes so enjoyable and gratifying. I really like the traditional African dance influences in her choreographies and the positive energy that is felt in the room during her classes. With a great mix of exercises the classes are really well-rounded, you get a great work-out of it while having a lot of fun! I cannot recommend enough!’ – Elisa
- Compliments for your lessons, time flies and I am tired and sweaty afterwards. Your lessons give so much energy, even online! Simone is a passionate, expert, stimulating and passionate teacher – Marijke
- The African Contemporary dance class of Simone Heijloo is my highlight of the week. The dance technique is powerful and beautiful and it feels natural. I’m enjoying the undulations of the spine. Afterwards I’ve got energy, I feel flexible, I’m satisfied and my back pain is gone (if I had it). As a dance teacher, Simone is extremely motivating. She is buzzing with energy and passion for her dance style and welcomes everyone. Although everyone can participate at his or her level, Simone knows how to shape the lesson in such a way that it is also challenging for experienced participants – Katharina
- The collaboration with Simone was very nice. It was a joy to see how she got our audiovisual students to dance! Her feedback on their audiovisual installations has been helpful and inspiring – Caro Termote (Hogeschool Utrecht)