Saturday 3 November 2018Theater Oostblok, Amsterdam17:00-21:30
African dance workshops & performances by Tebby Ramasike & Simone Heijloo Saturday 3 November, Theater Oostblok, Amsterdam
AFRICAN DANCE WORKSHOPSHOPS: 17:00 -19:00
– Where: Theater Oostblok, Amsterdam
– Fee: Workshops only € 45,-
Workshops & Performance: € 55,-
– With live percussion: Lat Cisse & Mamour Seck
– Info & Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
– More info: email@example.com
– Fee: €9,- / €13,- (Normal online: €11,-, at the door €13,-) / *(CJP, Stadspas, 65+): online €9,- / at the door €11,-
– Reservations & Info : Tel: +31 (0)20 665 4568
‘Simbe’ is based on a traditional story and ritual from Senegal, that shows the transformation of a man into a lion. This duet shows the transform of two people into lions, to find their inner strength, to be able to survive and connect with each other in life. Together they are stronger. The two lions are playing, dancing and singing. Together they find pleasure, force and unity again and their way to survive in life.
– Dance & Choreography: Laye Serrere & Simone Heijloo
– Duet in: ‘RODÉ’ – African Contemporary dance and music performance (première 24-2-2018 de Meervaart, Amsterdam)
‘SKETCHES OF UNACCOUNTABLE EFFECTS‘ – a PMDS version –
‘Sketches Of Unaccountable Effects’ – originally created as a trio and set to live music, deals with a situation where people from different cultures and/or lands arrive and meet at a certain place for a first time, trying to find a common ground in their own right. Building up relationships by a cross-over
interaction with one another. This dance work explores different movement genres, creating across-pollination of dance idioms, blending contemporary movements with other dance forms.
This is a reworked a version, created exclusively for Paris Marais Dance School (PMDS).
This dance work forms part 4 of an ongoing interactive multidisciplinary cross-over collaborative project, ‘THE WALKING THROUGH: A Journey … A Memory … A Recollection … The Meeting’, in which Tebby invites different artists to collaborate with.
”Kisses only for you …
They will show how much I love you.
One day, hopefully I will get the chance
to show my love for you.
In words, in actions and 100 kisses for
Love and be loved seems to be one of the most beautiful things in the world.
Whenever you get the chance to show
your love, take it and live it.
In words, in actions and in 100 kisses
to … ?
– Dance & Choreography: Simone Heijloo